Meizu MX5 difference between International and Chines Version?

Hi to all :)

Im new here and I order today Meizu MX5. But, after that I see the there is two version of Meizu phones, the International and Chines version. So what is the difference? Did I make a mistake? Can I install international update on Meizu MX5, etc…??? I’m a little confused :confounded:

Hey, there are basically no differences between the chinese and international version. The only difference is that you can not install the international firmware on a chinese phone, you can install chinese firmware on international firmware. The only difference in the firmware is that the Chinese does not have google play installed, but this can be done manually, it is really easy and there is a manual somewhere around the forum. Other thing is that in chinese firmware you can stream music for free and some pre-installed (3 or 4) chinese apps.

To conclude, in the end it doesn’t matter which version you bought.

last edited by Kokkie

@Kokkie said:

Hey, there are basically no differences between the chinese and international version. The only difference is that you can not install the international firmware on a chinese phone, you can install chinese firmware on international firmware. The only difference in the firmware is that the Chinese does not have google play installed, but this can be done manually, it is really easy and there is a manual somewhere around the forum. Other thing is that in chinese firmware you can stream music for free and some pre-installed (3 or 4) chinese apps.

To conclude, in the end it doesn’t matter which version you bought.

So there is no problem :) Thx a lot thx you!!! :)

Hey there is no difference between chinese version and international on networks, which one or both work with 850mhz network in 3g

There is no difference but earphone !!!

Contributor

@ibyil1989 This not true!
It depends of the seller, to include earplugs or not. The international does not have to come with earplugs.

@iskomx5 try the search function of the forum. I think this came up quite often.

The biggest difference is that the International Version supports the International Firmware out of the box.

And if you buy it at amazon.fr or amazon.co.uk, you get super good support. It’s also the cheapest place to buy international Versions. But it has to be sold and shipped by amazon, that’s important!
But there is a huge difference in the price, the 32GB International MX5 costs 399€ at amazon.fr and this is as cheap as the international Version ever will be.

Where the Chinese Version 32GB starts at 300€, think for yourself if the minimal difference is worth a price gab of 100€.

I don’t get the strategy of Meizu to be honest, it doesn’t make sense to sell the same device just a lot more expensive, like who the fuck would buy it, if there is no profit of it.

last edited by Ultrametric

I tried couple of times to install on my Meizu MX5, M575H version, chinese firmware, but w/o success. Every time I had “Firmware Corrupt” message …any suggestions?

Contributor

@uglyipl you have the international version, could be that Meizu locked devices to the International version only.
That’s new, it used to be that “H” phones or International Versions can install every firmware.

@Ultrametric I tried to install all of chanisee version of the roms for Meizu MX5 and for all of them I had one and the same response from the phone - “Firmware Corrupt”. I bought my Phone in Bulgaria by local store.

Contributor

@uglyipl Meizu does have a local store in Bulgaria?

What’s the model code of your phone? It’s written on the back of the phone-box.

@Ultrametric Local store means any store which sells Meizu device and does not have any authorization from Meizu itself i believe.

Contributor

@bmx5 yeah maybe, but it could be TCCM phone.

Some carriers sell it, as part of a contract. Those phones are international one but can’t install firmwares from China on it ,what’s weird.

I don’t know if TCCM is an official agent for Meizu and authorized by Meizu to sell their phones.

Hi all,

I have a mx5 A version and with flyme I version everything runs great, just experiencing some wifi drops from time to time but that’s not a big problem for me. With the A version, I’m experiencing a lot of problems with some notifications, I’m not receiving a notification when a new hangout message is received, a new email in gmail, and multiple other apps (games sending notifications, other messaging apps, facebook, …) It seems really random, because sometimes I receive the notifications and sometimes I don’t…I don’t know if anyone else is experiencing that but that’s why I’ll advise to install the I version of flyme.

Regards

Contributor

@neric91 It’s not random but depends on your system settings/ security settings. Depends upon what you set for the specific applications.

You should receive them instantly as long they run in the background. (The default option is that apps aren’t allowed to run in background, so get kicked out after a bit.)

Just have a look around.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.