Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition - 25/06/2015

is it possible to flash flyme on it? :P

Link for the rom? Cause i cant find it on ubuntu site :|

For ubuntu actually aren’t the same…for flash it in the phone you need an ubuntu pc :) with ubuntu tools…in this case (of meizu mx4) we have the bootloader locked and we can’t flash it by ourself…in future i believe we can do this…

Meizu MX4

@Naphtha said:

Yes is possible

OMG, Flyme and Ubuntu Touch dual boot. I need this

@Memes said:

Link for the rom? Cause i cant find it on ubuntu site :|

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/02/install-ubuntu-phone-os-onto-bq-aquaris-e4-5-smartphone.html

When meizu release this firmware we can do it…

Check URL to install Flyme 4.1.1a:
https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg13848.html

If you DO NOT “Format all + Download”, there is a rollback:
https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg13878.html

You can even change back to devel-proposed channel (Wily 15.10) with
ubuntu-device-flash touch --channel=ubuntu-touch/devel-proposed/meizu.en --device arale

Meizu MX4

@ruilapa said:

Check URL to install Flyme 4.1.1a:
https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg13848.html

If you DO NOT “Format all + Download”, there is a rollback:
https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg13878.html

You can even change back to devel-proposed channel (Wily 15.10) with
ubuntu-device-flash touch --channel=ubuntu-touch/devel-proposed/meizu.en --device arale

Can we install Ubuntu on Android MX4 using the second method ?
(this method : https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg13878.html)

I managed to flash the Ubuntu recovery onto a International Phone using flashify however it halts at the Ubuntu Icon and does not actually make it into the recovery, unless that is recovery and I need drivers or something?

Ok after some more research it appears we do need to use a Ubuntu PC to make this work.

I will try this tonight with my spare MX4 and we may possibly have a working method of putting Ubuntu onto the phone ;)

@frasertag said:

Ok after some more research it appears we do need to use a Ubuntu PC to make this work.

I will try this tonight with my spare MX4 and we may possibly have a working method of putting Ubuntu onto the phone ;)

Please tell us if there is any progress.
And thank you☺

OK made some progress but not gotten ubuntu onto the phone… I got the device recognized but the flash command doesnt actually complete… it just pauses at the following, I left it for a couple of hours…

unnamed.png

Meizu MX4

Bro you haven’t bootloader opened. You can’t flash it from Android version with this method. You need to install the rom from SP Tool.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.