Is there no way to flash a zip file without custom recovery?

I don’t mean a custom rom. Just a zip package that adds some apps and libs to the system without replacing anything.

An example is the htc sense 7 apps package that i found on the xda. It can be installed on any device.

An alternative way is to push every app from the zip package to the system manually. But it is time consuming.

So i wonder is there any way to flash it without a custom recovery? Can an app like flashify do this?

I am using an international MX4. Any help is much appreciated!

Edit: Perhaps I should’ve asked this in the rooting and modding section. Please move this thread if necessary! Thank you

Root the device.
Copy apps and libs to their respected folders in
/system/app or priv-app
and
/system/lib
set permissions to apps and libs files to 644 (rw-r-r)
Reboot the device and thats it.

If the apps are really compatible with meziu after reboot you’ll se them on home screen and they’ll work without any issues.

If the apps are incompatible with meizu Flyme OS you will either have force closes or tge device will end up in a boot loop.

Please do NOT touch or overwrite recovery files or recovery partition because you will brick the device and without meizus recovery you will not be able to restore factory firmware.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

@‘Gajche’ said:

Root the device.
Copy apps and libs to their respected folders in
/system/app or priv-app
and
/system/lib
set permissions to apps and libs files to 644 (rw-r-r)
Reboot the device and thats it.

If the apps are really compatible with meziu after reboot you’ll se them on home screen and they’ll work without any issues.

If the apps are incompatible with meizu Flyme OS you will either have force closes or tge device will end up in a boot loop.

Please do NOT touch or overwrite recovery files or recovery partition because you will brick the device and without meizus recovery you will not be able to restore factory firmware.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thank you for the detailed reply. Much appreciated

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.