MX3 ROM 4.2.8.1O

Hi!
I noticed on the update page (http://meizu.tccm.com/page/mx3_ROM_update.html) the new firmware for the infamous O2(overseas,TCCM) version of this excellent phone. So I’m wondering
-How does it work? (Since test firmware 4.2.8.1A wasn’t the coolest one)
-Is it worth installing?

Thanks for all future replies.

Administrator

I don’t recommend to install the shitty TCCM version. Who knows if they included a lock again.

Administrator

Like the recovery?

Many users could not get ridd of the TCCM firmware because of it.

Anyway I tried it. Going back to flyme 3 or 4.1.3.5 international. It’s laggy, buggy, poorly translated. They rolled out beta as a stable firmware. TCCM sucks. They only care how to sell and not how to take care of customers. I do not recommend upgrading to this crappy firmware.

EDIT 1: Read my post below, it works fine now.

Lol, does it at least have all the languages from international ver? And were you able to flash non-tccm firmware afterwards? I was afraid that they are gonna lock the fastboot(make it write protected) with their update as we found the workaround for their signature checking.

Edit: as for the OEM 4.2.8.1A, I think it’s great, definitely not laggy on my device.

EDIT2: wow, they went to great lengths to update the phone:
http://meizu.tccm.com/page/mx3_ROM_update_detail.html

To me It looks like they are bypassing their own signature checking haha. Why else would they need to update the recovery separately and with special tool? Does it mean there is no longer signature checking? We will see.
I wonder can we use this tool with any other update files.

Hello to the forum.I am new here.
I am from Greece and i have bought the TCCM’s MX3.4 days ago i install the update 4.2.8.10 by TCCM.It was pretty easy but i notice something missing.
It’s missing the Personalize app for themes etc.Also missing the “themes” option from settings.Also,in the security app,at the mobile data settings i set the limit for the first time and after that every time i try to enter the data settings it crashes. But it’s ok because the data widget is working.The rest options in the Security app works fine.
Have anyone tried this update and have this bugs? or something went wrong with my installation? Thanks in advance.
Anyway,i like this new update and look of the flyme 4.Also all the languages are included.

@‘SmOgER’ said:

Lol, does it at least have all the languages from international ver? And were you able to flash non-tccm firmware afterwards? I was afraid that they are gonna lock the fastboot(make it write protected) with their update as we found the workaround for their signature checking.

Edit: as for the OEM 4.2.8.1A, I think it’s great, definitely not laggy on my device.

EDIT2: wow, they went to great lengths to update the phone:
http://meizu.tccm.com/page/mx3_ROM_update_detail.html

To me It looks like they are bypassing their own signature checking haha. Why else would they need to update the recovery separately and with special tool? Does it mean there is no longer signature checking? We will see.
I wonder can we use this tool with any other recovery.

OK, now. After removing bloatware, changing back and forth languages (since not all the settings are available in my language (APN!, data connection settings, choosing mobile operator, date is not showing properly in call log, sms log (it puts number of month instead of day (call/sms log for today says “apr.:04”)…) , signing into flyme account, restarting several times and playing around with it a bit, now it works fine. But still a bit unresponsive. It’s like a new car. It must run fow a while… I have some occasional signal drops. Will stick it for a while. As far as signature bypass, they must have seen it here , basically it’s the same as post on putting I firmware on TCCM devices, LOL
P.S. languages available can be seen in screenshots attached.

[attachment=962][attachment=963][attachment=964]

Can you take a screenshot with the theme settings?This is mine…

@ToX53c said:

yep, definitely more languages than in original version.

the update.zip itself is intact and easily extractable:
folder containing downloaded files / MX3_KK_flyme_OS_4.2.8.1O(.exe) / update.zip
structure is the same as always (it still contains the recovery inside), so by all means it should be flashable.

Can you for the sake of science check if the signature checking is still there and if it is - can you still flash different recovery through the fastboot? This would be much appreciated. :)

@‘Blackbird’ said:

Can you take a screenshot with the theme settings?This is mine…

It’s the same (in my language…), no themes available.

[attachment=967]

Ok,thanks. I will leave it as it is.

One more question. Can anyone knows if we can install the 4.1.3.5I over 4.2.8.10 firmware as an update. zip without the Smoger’s guide?

Hi, guy i just got phone 2 days ago… can you please review this ROM? and will it brake my warranty if i install this?
thank you

Has anyone tried to update from 4.2.8.1O to 4.2.8.2I?
Are there any complications during the upgrade?

no turkish again? damn! :(

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.