\[Request\] Adding LTE Band 20 (800Mhz) to MX4 Pro

Hello everyone,

I am considering purchasing an MX4 Pro, however the one real dealbreaker is that the device doesn’t support Band 20 LTE (800Mhz).

I have read that it is possible on Qualcomm phones to enable compatibility with all GSM and LTE bands (http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/general/how-to-add-rf-lte-frequency-bands-to-t2886059), however I was wondering whether it would be possible on Exynos.

The MX4 Pro has the same SOC as the Samsung Galaxy Alpha (Exynos 5430 Octa) which supports band 20, so in theory it should be possible to unlock this feature on an MX4 Pro.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Samsung exynos SOC inside mx4 pro and alpha does not have a build in modem (I believe only the newest exynos in s6) so even if alpha supports the 800mhz band it does not mean that mx4 pro can.
And even if mx4 pro hardware supported it, it’s software is very locked down and most advanced mods are impossible.

the modem of the mx4 pro is the “ARMADA Mobile PXA1802” from marwell. He is able to support 800MHz LTE.

I think that is possible!

hi, someone has tested and can confirm it works?

We need LTE Band 20 (800Mhz) to MX4 Pro, somebody can help us enabling that?
or request i for new android 5 in development from meizu developers?

Learn android and develop

Meizu MX4 Pro

sb found out anyrhing ? :D i cant actually believe that this should work … but it would be cool :)

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.