What is the latest firmware for I

Uhh! Still the question what isthe latest version for I, as I’m quite new in Meizu world. I have 4.1.7I firmware. On he official web states version is 4.0.4.2I is the latest. Strange numbers, if it so that 4.0.4.2I is latest. Or what is the latest?

I’m from Bulgaria and my phone is also with 4.1.7I. I bought mine from a mobile operator on 2 years contract. So, I assume this is the latest official international firmware.

The latest official and stable firmware is 4.0.4.2i and I hope soon we’ll get a new one. All the rest are either not official, or not stable (test) or both.

That’s not true. 4.1.7I is official, but it’s for some European regions. My phone is also with 4.1.7I and I bought it from the official retailer.

I know that, but Meizu themselves ship this device with 4.1.7I .

Anyway, I could be wrong. Is there any 100% error free way to switch I version devise to A version?

Administrator

It is the distributor, not Meizu. Be always sure to make a difference between them!

And if it’s a TCCM device - no, you are stuck with I versions (more or less modded). However, the standard procedure is to downgrade to 4.0.4i and then upgrade to 4.2.2.2A.

Yes, that is correct. It is a TCCM device. They are the official importer/distributor in Bulgaria.

So, does that mean there is no way to update to 4.2.2.2A ?

Administrator

Try to downgrade to 4.0.4.2i>4.0.4i and then to 4.2.2.2A.

It is been a long time since a update for I version firmware…
wondering when we can get 4.2.2 I firmware

Same here. And what bothers me the most is the lack of any information.
It’s not that they have to give us updates every week or whatnot, but to keep us at least at the same firmware as their Asian customers is the least and the most right thing to do. Or AT LEAST INFORM us that we should expect a new firmware around that date because of this and that.
For surely this kind of “treatment” doesn’t look good on my eyes as an international customer and as much as I love my MX4, it will give me hard thoughts to go for another of their products in the future.

@‘AOKP’ said:

It is the distributor, not Meizu. Be always sure to make a difference between them!

You mean Distributor do not sell official Meizu devices or there are another difference? And how the h*ll can I get original Meizu device with I version on it?

Administrator

I don’t say it’s the device. The distributors (TCCM) have access to the kenerl and bootloader sources and so modify the existing firmwares to create their owns.

What I don’t understand either is the hype arround I firmwares. They have no features or any improvements compared to A, U or C firmwares.

Ok, Google Services are missing, but I don’t think that it’s too much asked to install an app and press a button.

Also the other versions feature free Music downloads, so what offers the I?

I firmware version is two months delay compared to A version…

@‘AOKP’ said:

I don’t say it’s the device. The distributors (TCCM) have access to the kenerl and bootloader sources and so modify the existing firmwares to create their owns.

What I don’t understand either is the hype arround I firmwares. They have no features or any improvements compared to A, U or C firmwares.

Ok, Google Services are missing, but I don’t think that it’s too much asked to install an app and press a button.

Also the other versions feature free Music downloads, so what offers the I?

From bottom to top :) I have no idea but lack of all Asian/Chinese content is the best feature offered by I. For example let say I bought Meizu with non official I version on it. Because A version offers more feature and improvements I made a 1 and half hour downgrades upgrades to get an A version full with Asian content. But I do not need this trash, I want my Google store. So root, uninstall Asian trash put Google services back and what we have here, at this point?
Same I version featured Flyme but higher version number. Plus some new in most cases unusable features. But for now because last official version is 4.0.4.1 we doesn’t really know - there are no official change log for 4.1.7I or 4.2.2.2I to compare features and improvement against latest official A.

And I’m 99.98% sure - TCCM do not have access to kernel / bootloader sources. They contact Meizu, and say “We are ready to sell your devices in CEE. Most of your customers do not need/want Asian content on it’s devices” And Meizu build what they need. So now we have 4.1.7I and 4.2.2.2I forked from last A by Meizu

But IMHO there are not I ver. devices sold directly from Meizu. And this situation do not made 4.2.2.2I unofficial because it’s sold by distributor.

@'Lai said:

I firmware version is two months delay compared to A version…

Which one? You compare 4.0.4.1I to 4.2.2.2A?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.