Installing updates not for the MX3

Is it a bad idea to install firmware for MX4 or MX4 pro?

Reason I’m asking is that I got pretty bored of the MX3 (Flyme 4.x.y), updates barely change a thing. Themer doesn’t work and will drain the already weak battery, xposed is nice but I cannot find any good modules to spice it up, launcher in general drain the battery.

Also I keep seeing updates about Ubuntu but is it going to be released as a firmware or a whole new phone?

If you want to brick your MX3 go ahead and forceflash.
Im still on Flyme 3, then again i dont mod a lot on my phone.
It works fine, if you dont use it much, have data off most of the time and using the power on of function my MX3 last 3 weeks before i need to charge.
I did try the same with a Redmi Note LTE that drains the even stronger battery quite faster also only in standby. If your lucky u get 1 week.

@‘arcaneex’ said:

Is it a bad idea to install firmware for MX4 or MX4 pro?

Reason I’m asking is that I got pretty bored of the MX3 (Flyme 4.x.y), updates barely change a thing. Themer doesn’t work and will drain the already weak battery, xposed is nice but I cannot find any good modules to spice it up, launcher in general drain the battery.

Also I keep seeing updates about Ubuntu but is it going to be released as a firmware or a whole new phone?

Even theoretically, to make it to the boot screen, you would have to convert the ROM files as it uses different structure and adjust the mounting points. But it’s pointless since the furthest you could go is into the bootloop, and the ROMs don’t even differ as much visually to make it worth the hassle.
body{zoom:106%!important;}

Cant tell if serious.

Cant be this stupid

No

Joke?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.