Meizu holds up their Ubuntu promise - it's coming!

This is the discussion thread for Meizu holds up their Ubuntu promise - it’s coming!. Let us know your comments on this subject here!

Only another 6 months before consumers get it.

there is no way meizu is going to give the ability to all mx4s to install ubuntu unfortunately. Maybe the only thing i hate about meizu. SAME hardware but you got to buy it again and again for diffrent firmwares…

@‘sam28’ said:

there is no way meizu is going to give the ability to all mx4s to install ubuntu unfortunately. Maybe the only thing i hate about meizu. SAME hardware but you got to buy it again and again for diffrent firmwares…

Where did you get this info from?

Contributor

@sam28,
Like which other manufacturer lets you install a different OS? (other than maybe the Nexus line)

Hoping for a dual-boot option (Flyme/Ubuntu) for all MX4 devices, old or new.
And for a new stable international firmware for MX4 when the chinese holidays are over. The international version of MX4 is the only one left behind!

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

@sam28,
Like which other manufacturer lets you install a different OS? (other than maybe the Nexus line)

well, here’s the deal. Mx4 yunos can install flyme A. I bet if you buy the ubuntu mx4 you would be able to install flyme flyme A if you want to but will not work reverse, if you got a C,U,Y,I version you will not be able to install ubuntu. Isnt that kind of a mockery to the rest of us? That said, if the ubuntu version runs ubuntu ONLY and cant go to flyme than i can accept it as being diffrent and another new phone. it comes down to the freedom of choice, why someone with the same device as me that payed the same money as me should got more choices than me?

Administrator

@sam28,

I agree with you. I also think it should be able to bypass this lock, if it’s going to happen.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.