Ubuntu for mx4

Nice find. I was interested in ubunutu for phones. I had no idea its gonna show up on mx4

I wonder if it will be possible in the future to flash Ubuntu on our MX4’s.

I am also curious to see how they will do it, and I am really hoping for a dual-boot option (Flyme/Ubuntu) for all MX4 devices, old or new.

I think dual-boot might be asking for too much. I would be happy to just be able to flash it.

Sent from my MX4

@‘dannejanne’ said:

I think dual-boot might be asking for too much. I would be happy to just be able to flash it.

Sent from my MX4

I think the same

@‘iicc’ said:

@‘dannejanne’ said:

Sent from my MX4

I think the same

Unless the hardware doesn’t differ in some way it should be fully possible.

Sent from my MX4

Look at YunOS, same hardware but not installable on classic MX4 :/

Administrator

Thats not very exact furious.

Just check what the o2 users of the MX3 did. They just bypassed the lock.

Also Ubuntu is meant for our market and doesn’t targets the chinese.

It’s amazing if we will be able to bypass it ! It will open so much doors ! :D

Ubuntu is just an OS, right? Meaning that we will still be able to use Google services etc., right (if we can also have it)?
Just to make it clear to my silly mind.

Yes it’s (just) an operating system. Meaning that you will not be able to use Google Services because it’s not Android anymore. But I believe that it’ll be possible in the futur to port Android app on it, like it’s possible to use windows apps on mac os x :)

@‘furious.builder’ said:

Yes it’s (just) an operating system. Meaning that you will not be able to use Google Services because it’s not Android anymore. But I believe that it’ll be possible in the futur to port Android app on it, like it’s possible to use windows apps on mac os x :)

hmm… will be a tough choice (if Meizu will give us one, that is! :P )

Damn Ubuntu, u ugly. Sorry but Ubuntu looks TERRIBLE! What is all the hoopla? That software just comes across as extremely counterproductive and MY GOD so cartoonish! Just seems like a big step back to me. lol I just can’t get over how ugly that is!

Meizu, if by any chance you read here…PLEASE ALLOW CUSTOM ROMs! I can think of at least 3 ROMs available right now that will truly do wonders for the MX4. This Ubuntu route you’re going is silly and a such a waste.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.