Art vs dalvik

Recently I’ve tried to use ART instead of the dalvik VM on my device, (was done by using terminal app). The downside of it was that Google services kept crashing all the time. So had to go back to dalvik.

Отправлено с моего MX4 через Tapatalk

My experience with the mx3, no noticeable improvements. Don’t think it would benefit the young flyme os.

Did you edit build.prop to enable ART? If so, what did you add/change?

Administrator

Nope. You must dial the dev code (look for sticky in rooting & moding section) and so open developer options.

@‘AOKP’ said:

Nope. You must dial the dev code (look for sticky in rooting & moding section) and so open developer options.

Thanks but the developer options were already there for me without ever dialing that in the dialer app and I have no option for ART. I’m on latest official A firmware.

su
setprop persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib libart.so
reboot

To return to dalvik:
su
setprop persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib libdvm.so
reboot

Sure you gotta have root,and all is done through terminal emulator. Good luck.

@'Ephraim said:

su
setprop persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib libart.so
reboot

To return to dalvik:
su
setprop persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib libdvm.so
reboot

Sure you gotta have root,and all is done through terminal emulator. Good luck.

Thanks a lot.

Trying it now. I have no issues with Google Play Services on my phone.However it doesn’t seem to do that much difference. If anything. Going to go back to Dalvik as the difference is not big enough to justify losing some things such as Flyme Tools.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.