Several problems

Hi!

This is my second day of using my MX4 chinese version (firmware 4.2.2A), and I’m having a few problems:

1. I use folders in an iOS style. When I open some of them, the window that appears instead of opening at the center of the screen, open in the bottom right corner: click here for image (extract code 3ce6)

2. Everytime I reboot the phone I have to manually select Swiftkey as the default keyboard (I’ve noticed this is not a Flyme problem, though)

3. This one is the most annoying: when I type in something, sometimes when I try to get back to change something I’ve written wrong I can’t select anything (i have to delete everything up to the word I want to change)

4. This one is also very annoying: every once in a while (actually, quite often) when I tap the capacitive button when using an app, it won’t go back to the homescreen… I have to tap multiple times (sometimes 5 or 6)

Hey.

1. You will have to set Swiftkey to “Auto launch” via the permission menu in the security app. Just scroll down, locate Swiftkey and swipe the toggle switch.
    (Do this with every app you use that you wish to be used as default instead of the built-in ones ;))

2. Yeah that’s an issue I’ve noticed many times. You don’t need to delete all that you had typed up to that point. Just close the keyboard and touch where you want correct from in the text input box.

Failing that maybe there’s an option within Swiftkey to set as default…

1. That too is an annoying bug but 5to6 times for it to go back seems a lot. Only needs a second touch when it rarely happens to me. Probably just a software issue Meizu missed.
    It can almost certainly be fixed in a software update.

Can’t help with your first issue as I personally use Nova Launcher.

@‘purplemonkeyspank’ said:

Hey.

1. You will have to set Swiftkey to “Auto launch” via the permission menu in the security app. Just scroll down, locate Swiftkey and swipe the toggle switch.
    (Do this with every app you use that you wish to be used as default instead of the built-in ones ;))

2. Yeah that’s an issue I’ve noticed many times. You don’t need to delete all that you had typed up to that point. Just close the keyboard and touch where you want correct from in the text input box.

Failing that maybe there’s an option within Swiftkey to set as default…

1. That too is an annoying bug but 5to6 times for it to go back seems a lot. Only needs a second touch when it rarely happens to me. Probably just a software issue Meizu missed.
    It can almost certainly be fixed in a software update.

Can’t help with your first issue as I personally use Nova Launcher.

Thanks a lot! =)

About the number 4: I owned an international version MX4 previously (I had to send it back for a problem with the company that sold it) and I didn’t have this issue on it (the number 3, however, was there also)

Strange. Maybe try and do a full reset and fresh install of Flyme? It’s a bit of a pain I know but wiping everything and doing a fresh install works wonders for 99.9% of any issues I face.

@‘purplemonkeyspank’ said:

Strange. Maybe try and do a full reset and fresh install of Flyme? It’s a bit of a pain I know but wiping everything and doing a fresh install works wonders for 99.9% of any issues I face.

I wouldn’t mind doing that, I kept doing it when I had my iPhone 5, but I think that in Android there’s no good backup method such as iCloud backup. It seems there is always something that doesn’t work: I used Ultimate Backup to backup from my previous MX4 (I backed up to Google Drive) and I couldn’t restore to this new one, it would only show some of the apps (in the Google Drive folder, though, all apps are there but having to manually move from the Drive to the phone’s internal memory is a pain, and I just downloaded all the apps from scratch). But perhaps I’ll try doing that. This is really annoying (or I’ll wait for the next firmware update and if installing it doesn’t work, I’ll just restore the phone).

#3: Just press space once and you can then select what you want no need to minimize keyboard. It won’t even add an extra space between words when doing this.

@‘dannejanne’ said:

#3: Just press space once and you can then select what you want no need to minimize keyboard. It won’t even add an extra space between words when doing this.

Doesn’t work. But perhaps because I’m using SwiftKey. It always add a space and when I try tapping and holding where I want to edit it selects the whole word.

@‘crucius’ said:

@‘dannejanne’ said:

Doesn’t work. But perhaps because I’m using SwiftKey. It always add a space and when I try tapping and holding where I want to edit it selects the whole word.

Okay I’m using TouchPal.

Sent from my MX4

Another problem:

1. While listening to music, everytime I send an SMS or receive a notification (SMS, etc) the sound decreases and then returns to normal. This is, obviously, to allow the notification sound to be heard but I have the phone set to vibrate and to not make a sound. Is there a way to prevent this from happening other than switching to DND while listening to music?

Edit: weirdly, everytime I open settings and then click on any option at the left-hand side the same thing happens. Again, this may be Google Music related because I’m currently not using any other app.

Update: about the keyboard problem, even adding it in Security wouldn’t prevent it from being swapped with the standard keyboard. I have found the culprit: Security again. If I clean the junk it makes the default keyboard active again (and closes Twilight also)

Works perfectly for the Google keyboard but I have the same issue as you but with Greenify instead. Have to go in to developer options and set it again.

Have you tried looking in Swiftkey’s settings?

Yup, and nothing seems to solve the issue. For some weird reason now it’s slightly better, but still not OK.

Do you have root? If so, freeze the system keyboard and it won’t be able to switch back to it.

Sent from my MX4

I do have root but couldn’t freeze it, even with greenify. But anyway, that part has been solved with allowing it to auto launch within permissions, the problem that remains is that of not being able to edit what I write

The best way to freeze stuff when needed is to use Titanium Backup.

Sent from my MX4

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.