[TUTORIAL] Upgrading TCCM/O2 Devices to FlymeOS 4.1.3.5I And Up, The Unofficial Way.

Before you start, you want to make sure that you have ADB installed. Check this thread on XDA.

How-To:

• Download and ‘install’ additional drivers from HERE by ClockWorkmod and get the Flyme OS 4.1.3.5I
  • Connect the phone to PC and shut down the device.
  • Press simultaneously both volume buttons + power for about 2secs (windows driver installing box should appear by that time).
  • Assuming you are using windows, press win+x and select ‘device manager’ from the appeared menu.
  • You should find now in TM your device listed as ‘Android 1.0’ in other devices submenu, right click on it and select “update driver software” - “browse my computer…”-“Let me pick…” - “Android device” - Next - pick “ASUS Fastboot Interface” (from ClockWorkmod drivers). (PS. You will have to repeat this process each time you enter the fastboot.)
  • Open cmd and navigate to the directory where your adb.exe and fastboot.exe files are located at. The fastest way to do it is by typing ‘cd’, then space, and dragging the folder into terminal window. Minimize cmd.
  • Locate the previously downloaded Flyme OS 4.1.3.5I and extract it’s contents.
  • Go back to cmd, type (but don’t press enter yet) "fastboot flash recovery " (space at the end) and drag the recovery-uboot.img from the ROM you just extracted into the cmd window. Press enter. It’s done, type ‘fastboot reboot’ to exit the fastboot.

All is left is copying the update.zip to your phone and updating the firmware normally.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I’am not responsible for bricked devices! Do this at your own risk! This process of course (in theory) voids your warranty.
If for whatever reason you decide to go back to original recovery, just repeat the steps above using original recovery and ROM found there: http://meizu.tccm.com/page/mx3_ROM_update.html (after downloading change the extension to zip and extract normally).

PS. Similiar method should work for converting any version of device.

last edited by Rey

Great. Just upgrading. I tried this method but with 3.5.3 international and it failed. So I assumed this wont work. But with this version it works. the most difficult part is to get working driver for windows.Thank you

Yeah honestly the worst part was to get the phone working with Windows. :D Anyways, once again, great job man. You’re awesome.

Bravo dude ;)
Respect

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

@‘SmOgER’ said:

PS. Similiar method should work for converting any version of device.

So… Does that mean CN models can now work with HK firmware? :angel:

Contributor

@Pantamorph,
Should be possible…

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

It is thus possible to install zip files. For example, audio acid? Thanks

Contributor

@finda,
Unlikely… It is basically stock recovery…

Hey guys,

I need a little help, I got to number 5, I see my device listed as Android 1.0 but when I go to pick drivers I don’t see Android device and ASUS fastboot interface listed. I installed both drivers from XDA and from CWM.

Any advice?

Thanks

**EDIT: Found it, went to Show all devices -> ClockworkMod -> ASUS fastboot interface
EDIT2: Upgraded without any errors, thank you :)

Im afraid to do this, but well done sir :)

EDIT: U are a fucking god! thank u :))))))) everything works :)
EDIT 2: When I want to check my sim card balance(MMI or USSD) code the phone process force closes… Any solutions to that?

@‘CROnino’ said:

EDIT 2: When I want to check my sim card balance(MMI or USSD) code the phone process force closes… Any solutions to that?

Try doing clean install, the issue is definitely not related to this upgrading method.

Contributor

@CROnino,
Not related to this procedure. Happens to my international version of phone too running 4.x A firmware since quite a few releases…

is there something I can do? What if I switch the phone.apk file from update.zip to the older one?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.