Meizu MX3 - Extreme overheating

Hello there,
I recently bought a used Meizu MX3 and I’m facing a few issues with it and these are that the battery drains out really quickly, and that the phone overheats a lot.

The SoC temperatures goes up to 70 degrees celsius and the battery to about 48 degrees celsius, doesn’t matter what firmware I’m on.

Any idea how to fix this issue? To me it sounds a lot like a hardware issue with the entire device.

Would say its not normal. Can also depend on app you run in background. i did try OSMAND and this app heats the MX3 up due a lot loading of the different layers of the map it uses.
Other than that mine is fine.
When you flash new firmware be sure u set clear data.

@‘MeizuAndi’ said:

Would say its not normal. Can also depend on app you run in background. i did try OSMAND and this app heats the MX3 up due a lot loading of the different layers of the map it uses.

I’ve cleared data when flashing a new firmware and the issue still appears, I believe this is a hardware defect.

Administrator

It really seems so. Contact your dealer or Meizu directly at mzcs@meizu.com.

Well I don’t think the OP got the proper answer to this so I might as well resurrect the thread. I’am pretty sure his device wasn’t overheating while in idle, but rather when running CPU/GPU intensive apps, or background tasks for that matter.

OSMAND? navigation app? Try some hw demanding game like beach buggy racing and report back.

Personally I can confirm that when fully using the hardware, the battery can get up to 50+C (!). Kinda limiting factor if you are after raw performance and want to fully utilize your hardware. :)

So if battery gets to 48C, the background apps might be the cause, but I see nothing to suggest that the phone is faulty given the fact that at full load it can get even hotter than that. You can fry eggs on that thing.

Administrator

Topic is old, but thanks for your tip!

I hope that we will be able to cool CPU’s in future by water or at least an active cooling, instead of the current ambient one ;P.

However, thats still years away :D
BUT a serious thing, because most phones start to lag at high temps, because the CPU starts thermal throttling and so gets slower and slower.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.