How to change boot animation {TUT}

Hi all meizu fans i made a tuttorial for how to using/install other boot animation.

1.First of all you need to be rooted
Download and install a root file explorer you want.(im using root explorer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&hl=el)
2.Go to system/media http://i58.tinypic.com/4kv24k.jpg

3.Here you will find your stock boot anymation (flyme ballon) named bootanimation.zip
raname it as bootanmation.zip.bak (this one way to keep it as backup in same folder)
Downaload your desire bootanimation…here is a pretty good list from XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/themes-apps/bootanimation-android-5-0-l-boot-t2814467 download what u want and copy to your phone storage.

4.Copy and paste your new bootanimation to the system/media and rename it (if needed) as bootanimation.zip

5.Long press in your file and choose the “permission” option and check uncheck the boxes as the picture http://i59.tinypic.com/2r551qc.jpg

6.If you wanna go back to stock bootanimation just delete the curent bootanim and rename your stock (bootanimation.zip.bak) to bootanimation.zip

7. You are done…restart your device and enjoy.

For any question or any problem plz ask for help.
Thank you and have fun. :cool:

Here you can see for how to change your boot sound
http://meizufans.eu/forum/thread-how-to-change-add-your-boot-sound-tut

Woww!! Thanks for the tutorial!

I will try it later

@‘iicc’ said:

Woww!! Thanks for the tutorial!

I will try it later

you welcome bro.Let me know if u have any problem or somthing ?

Hi,
Every boot animation I set is too small, is there any option to fit the animation to the screen?
I’m even ready to put with the resolution loss.
10x in advance!

Works fine for me, thx for Tutorial ;)

@‘vagatron’ said:

@‘iicc’ said:

Woww!! Thanks for the tutorial!

I will try it later

you welcome bro.Let me know if u have any problem or somthing ?

Done thanks!! But the link of the photos didn’t work

@'Michael said:

Hi,
Every boot animation I set is too small, is there any option to fit the animation to the screen?
I’m even ready to put with the resolution loss.
10x in advance!

Hi my friend.Try to find anims with larger resolution.


@‘chuwak’ said:

Works fine for me, thx for Tutorial ;)

You welcome :) glad u like it.
Wait for more tutorials like this.


@‘iicc’ said:

@‘vagatron’ said:

@‘iicc’ said:

Woww!! Thanks for the tutorial!

I will try it later

you welcome bro.Let me know if u have any problem or somthing ?

Done thanks!! But the link of the photos didn’t work

U welcome.
I know i have to upload the on other site,thats the reason for give the upload link :)
Have fun

Hi.
Is there any way of changing the very first screen as you boot? The black “Meizu” one. Id like to swap it for a more colourful one with custom text if possible .

Contributor

@‘purplemonkeyspank’ said:

Hi.
Is there any way of changing the very first screen as you boot? The black “Meizu” one. Id like to swap it for a more colourful one with custom text if possible .

On one of my old mtk devices the bootanimation used to work in 3 parts… Might still be same for newer devices…

1. logo.bin - needed to be flashed through recovery. May not work on mx4 - (be careful if you plan to workaround this by something like dd and it goes wrong then you might end up bricked…
2. boot_logo - file under /system/media/images - should work with mx4 - but it isn’t a simple image file but a rgb565 file - many guides on xda
3. Bootanimation…

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

@‘purplemonkeyspank’ said:

Hi.
Is there any way of changing the very first screen as you boot? The black “Meizu” one. Id like to swap it for a more colourful one with custom text if possible .

On one of my old mtk devices the bootanimation used to work in 3 parts… Might still be same for newer devices…

1. logo.bin - needed to be flashed through recovery. May not work on mx4 - (be careful if you plan to workaround this by something like dd and it goes wrong then you might end up bricked…
2. boot_logo - file under /system/media/images - should work with mx4 - but it isn’t a simple image file but a rgb565 file - many guides on xda
3. Bootanimation…

thnx for advice.We cant insall any custom tecovery for now.

Contributor

@vagatron,
Yeah I know that Mx4 doesn’t have cwm… But you can try replacing boot_logo if it exists…

Yeah, I just tried GreyGhost’s way but as it stands there is no way to change what I asked about. Hopefully Meizu helps us modders and tinkerers out with kernel sources soon but I’m not complaining anymore. They already do a lot by making it so easy to root and they do a brilliant if not amazing job with their frequent updates which makes it hard to stay mad at them too long lol

@vagatron This didn’t work for me… It not let me paste any file or rename any file using Explorer recommended by you… !!

Meizu m3s

@iamlovish you need to root you phone to use the root explorer. There are guides on this

website to root you meizu

last edited by Scorpiony Knifet

@Scorpiony-Knifet My phone is rooted and I hve been able to change boot animations from app “Boot Animations” by JRummy… Thx for help…

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.