First time buying first charge

hello. I bought the mX4 two weeks ago, and when im looking at other people mx4’s i see that their phone battery last much longer than mine, someone told me one few years ago that when a customer buy a phone he always have to recharge it to full first and not letting the battery drain to ZERO on the first use, meaning when you first open the box and you then turn on the phone and play till the battery is dead, and then recharge it for the first time, is it realy harming the battery percents draining?
thanks allot for answers ;)

so why is my battery is draining so fast, of course that i did all the measures that a simple costumer should know to conserve battery

Look at the app you using if some drains more in Battery menu.
Then it should kill them to work on back-round in Security center. You will be surprised how many apps do have approval for auto loading and work on behind the system. Turning this apps off there will help battery as well.

Well the main battery killer is Display. Try to adjust brittleness lower.

Battery is OK on mine, but I am not heavy user. Having 2 working days endurance with 60 min. of calls, some emails, texts, about 1-2 hours of Internet on 3G, BT in the car and about 3h Screen on time included.

Admin

Just use your phone to 0 and charge it to 100 (in one charge!!) over night continuously (day by day), this way at least my battery got a loooot better.

If it doesn’t work (like it didn’t for me) at first, clear data and possibly update your firmware to a newer version, and do the full charge -thing over again. If you know how to reset your battery stats (root required), that will help aswell, because I’m pretty sure in most of the battery-drain cases the battery calibration isn’t correct (and it’s very important!), which is the reason for such a gigantic variety of different battery life results.

It is ideally to have a phone between 80% and 20%! Charge when it is close to 20 and stop around 80. Going from 100 to 0 really shortens the battery life. The way it was it was explained to me it is better to have a battery run a quick jogging than a full marathon every night. Of course the phone will last longer when changed to 100 % but full charges are killing the battery. I have an app that reminds me when a battery is below 25% and when it’s on charger and reaches 80% full, than I take it off. Anyone else has some thoughts about this???

Original question-No its 2015
At the most you might be a slight reading off. No more than 5%

If you actually use your phone? fast battery drain

If your intent is to get 6 hrs of screen on time and dont mind it being a paper weight -great battery life.

If it just sitting there and you see massive drainage, than you have a issue. Might be apps, firmware, signal etc.

@‘samanen’ said:

Just use your phone to 0 and charge it to 100 (in one charge!!) over night continuously (day by day), this way at least my battery got a loooot better.

If it doesn’t work (like it didn’t for me) at first, clear data and possibly update your firmware to a newer version, and do the full charge -thing over again. If you know how to reset your battery stats (root required), that will help aswell, because I’m pretty sure in most of the battery-drain cases the battery calibration isn’t correct (and it’s very important!), which is the reason for such a gigantic variety of different battery life results.

I totally agree with that. Calibrating the battery had good results to me too.
That doesn’t mean that you have to do that everytime.
Just once as explained by samanen is good and keep in mind to do it everytime you changed firmware.
Also if you still face low battery life, there are some things you can do software-wise (stop sync on useless things etc.) to make the sleep time more and the wake up time less.

Admin

Yeah, though I didn’t exactly mean to drain the battery to 0 every night before sleep, but to charge it every night — because some people don’t… Just drain to zero once you feel battery drain or upgrade fw as Miko said.

Administrator

@nomenestomen,

thats wrong. Actually it is not possible to overcharge batteries anymore. Also the phone never loads to 100%, most likely 100% are actually 95%. Same goes for 0%. Most likely 3-5% are left to prevent that the battery is completly unloaded.

Leaving it charge overnight is not the best option because when it reaches 100% it will keep charging it to full when it drops a few percent so this will happen many number of times during the night (bad for battery)
It is best to charge your phone at the end of the day and and disconnect before you go to sleep.
This was tested by some website and this option kept their battery’s healthiest. I shouldn’t worry about at what battery % you should charge and turn off as there’s smart chip in battery’s to manage all that. Just make sure that you avoid charging your battery in short bursts, if your battery lasts you a day and you charge once a day this shouldn’t be a problem.

@‘Martynas’ said:

Leaving it charge overnight is not the best option because when it reaches 100% it will keep charging it to full when it drops a few percent so this will happen many number of times during the night (bad for battery)
It is best to charge your phone at the end of the day and and disconnect before you go to sleep.
This was tested by some website and this option kept their battery’s healthiest. I shouldn’t worry about at what battery % you should charge and turn off as there’s smart chip in battery’s to manage all that. Just make sure that you avoid charging your battery in short bursts, if your battery lasts you a day and you charge once a day this shouldn’t be a problem.

Would love to know the source for this info.

Administrator

Not the best source to be honest…

I do believe that the habit of charging the phone at night is not one of the best… but that is not the point of the topic in the 1st place.
In fact is the opposite… the thread maker asked for the low % of the battery.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.