\[MOD\] Reduce Screen Resolution from 2K to FullHD
Meizu Pro 5

Hi!

I’d like to share with you this guide from chinese meizu forum. I think we must start some thread about modding like this!
This mod change the screen resolution from 2K to FullHD, it should increase performance and battery life.

My Antutu score before this mod was 40865, after this mod 49528!!

Requirement:

1- With file manager go to /system and open built.prop in text editor (long press on built.prop)(give root permission if asked);
2- Search for ro.sf.lcd_density=640 and change in ro.sf.lcd_density=480;
3- Save and exit;
4- Open Terminal Emulator and write

su
shell wm size 1152x1920

5- Reboot your phone.

Turn back to stock setting again DPI to 640 and then change resolution to 1536x2560

source

Attention! You should not switch off the phone after the changes were made in the file. Only after the screen resolution has been adjusted in the terminal, the phone can be rebooted.

Why would you buy a qhd phone and do this.

Meizu Pro 5

Because of bad battery and bad performance…

Contributor

This will improve game performance because the games will render to a smaller buffer and then scale up to the native res (obviously quality will be lower… But then not much differnece can be made from QHD to FHD)

Battery gain I’m not sure… You’ll have to test it but I don’t think it will be substamtial…

Beaware thar changing system res/dpi might cause some apps to not come out right…

When meizu put in the option of save battery change the resolution as huawei honor6?

Meizu Pro 5

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

This will improve game performance because the games will render to a smaller buffer and then scale up to the native res (obviously quality will be lower… But then not much differnece can be made from QHD to FHD)

Battery gain I’m not sure… You’ll have to test it but I don’t think it will be substamtial…

Beaware thar changing system res/dpi might cause some apps to not come out right…

Game performance are really good with this mod, i play MC5 and it’s really smooth now.
However i’m not using anymore this phone, i’ve bought today a note4 so i can’t check if battery life really improve.
About the app, i set also lower dpi. I think that with 480 everything should be ok except bootanimation (i think it can be fixed replace the stock one with a FHD one) and battery icon that are known bugs.

Something is really wrong with this phone if there is modification to get down to FHD from 2K…

Contributor

@tzadka,
This mod is pretty common… There are even apps which do this automatically on play store too…

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

@tzadka,
This mod is pretty common… There are even apps which do this automatically on play store too…

That application???

Thanks

Contributor

@raulinchi,
Just search the play store for ‘resolution changer’… Quite a few will turn up… A few have extra features like virtual buttons cos sometimes changing dpi can mess up the UI…

I haven’t really tried any of those myself so can’t really suggest any… I just know they exists cos I have seen such tutorials and apps around xda since ages…
P. S. Be careful. Such changes when not done right can put you in a bootloop…

The next firmware of Meizu need this feature in the battery options!!!
I think in the future they will implement it

hI I did it but when i open terminal emulator and write shell wm size 1152x1920
appears sh: shell not found… can somebody help me?

Contributor

@Guillermo Ríos,
Drop the ‘shell’ part… Just use ‘wm size…’

It works for the MX4 normal.
I have tried this resolutions:
768x1280/576x960/400x840

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.