Problem with sim card

Hello.

I have a Meizu Mx4. The smartphone 'running fine, but I have a problem. Only the first microsim card functions. I have put many others and the smartphone does not detect. Only detects the first I put,
Help me, please. Thank you very much.

Not every sim card will work.

You need to buy/replace at least 3rd generation 128K uSIM sim card.

Older sim cards won’t work.

Go to your carrier and ask for 128K uSIM sim card.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

It is not or that. I’ve tried a 128 card and either.

Detects an incoming sim because it appears in the window, but it does not detect sim.

I changed several firmware either.

Thanks for helping.

Today I got my 2nd Meizu MX4, I have tried 3 different microsim cards, but they don’t get detected - “No Sim Card Detected” . I even tried my microsim from the 1st Meizu MX4 (that is working flawlessly from October), it is still not getting detected. All microsims work perfectly on my 1st Meizu MX4, so the problem is with the 2nd Meizu MX4.
I even tried different firmwares, update to latest I, then to 4.1.9A, then back again to latest I, problem persists.
I guess RMA is unavoidable, unless there is something I am missing…

Contributor

@cv01302,
Make sure the sim holder goes all the way in and clicks properly… Someone had reported that he hadn’t correctly placed the holder all the way in though it seemed as if it was… And his sim was not detected atall…

^
You know that when you’re inserting the sim card you’ll hear
a “click” ,when you press it all the way down right?
You’ll hear the same “click” is when you press down to get he sim card out.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Yeah it goes all the way down and I hear the click, but it still doesn’t get detected. I use the exact same procedure as I did with all microsims to my 1st MX4, so I am not doing anything wrong there…
I even used a magnifying glass with light to check if there was anything inside blocking the pins or something (longshot, but…)

That’s weird… I hope that this is just a random malfunction cuz in summer I’m returning to Greece from Russia and I want to use my Greek number there :/

I’m just waiting for instructions from the store I bought it (in EU) on the RMA procedure.
Don’t worry, I have been using my 1st MX4 in Greece from October, it is working flawlessly, so you won’t have a problem in summer!

Did you get solve the problem?
I have the same problem.

I RMA’ed it, so waiting for a replacement (or to be fixed)

Same Here, MX4 32 Go (451) brand new from december !

The sim card isnt detected anymore since 10 days.
I’ve tested with two sim cards, they both work on a sgs4 mini i9195.
I’ve tested with all the firmware available including 4.0.4I - 4.1.9A - 4.0.4.2 stable, with full data reset each time, from both recovery and os menu with ‘factory reset’ too, but this didn’t solve the problem …
I suspect a problem between modem coponents and sim slot (voltage, tension ?) and hope this wont be generalised for every people with MX4.
I sent the phone back to the shop i’ve bought it : ‘rueducommerce.fr’ this thursday 29/01 and they will certainly send it back to Meizu. It’s a huge problem…

I wanted to buy a new MX4 PRO in addition to my MX4 before this appened, but now i’m not sure anymore…
It will depend on the way they fix or replace it, quickly or not ?
I’m waiting now… perhaps 8 weeks…:s

I am having also issues with the sim card. I insert the SIM properly (I hear the click) but It shows an icon without signal and the “No SIM card”. I have tried two SIM cards (both work on other phones). Factory reset doesn’t solve the problem. update.zip is not working :(

@‘navarro’ said:

I am having also issues with the sim card. I insert the SIM properly (I hear the click) but It shows an icon without signal and the “No SIM card”. I have tried two SIM cards (both work on other phones). Factory reset doesn’t solve the problem. update.zip is not working :(

Your sim card should be at least
3rd generation 128k uSIM.
Go to your carrier and replace your sim card for a newer model.

Sent from my TCL S720 using Tapatalk

SIM pins in card reader probably broken/missing, you need to RMA it and pay for repairs as you cannot prove that you are not responsible for this kind of damage (…).
That was my verdict for my 2nd MX4

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.