SMS received randomly and other problems with Textra

Hello,

Since firmware 4.1.x, we can change the default SMS application, but many problems appears with this new feature :

• SMS are received randomly, without common point.

• Textra parameters are not accessibles, because shortcut is not visible in top-right of the screen.

• Error “Message too big” appear when trying to send a picture via MMS.

Test with 4.1.6A, 4.1.7A, 4.1.8A firmwares.

Did someone know how to fix this issues ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards

i am using textra with 4.1.8A with no problems
i just had to enable auto-launch for textra.
before that, i didnt receive sms if i had killed textra from the app switcher

I have had this bug with receiving text since I got the phone. If I set google hangouts as the text message handler, I almost never receive messages.
Also, hangouts chat doesn’t work either. If I am running hangouts, and it is active on the screen, then i receive messages, but if it is inactive, or in the background, I never receive any messages.

@‘aokiseiichiro’ said:

Hello,

Since firmware 4.1.x, we can change the default SMS application, but many problems appears with this new feature :

• Textra parameters are not accessibles, because shortcut is not visible in top-right of the screen.

Regards

Hi, I ll try to give you some tips. I m using Handcent SMS but on 4.0.4.2i so I m kind of stuck with this ‘default sms app’ setting thing.

1. I had some random sms as well, also sometimes I received my sms twice, that was weird. But since I deleted the stock SMS app of Meizu, all of these disappeared.

2. I have some problem as well to access settings for many apps. I m using “Floating Soft Keys”, thanks to a MeizuFan on this forum. You can access anywhere the “setting” button ;)

3. Do you have the correct APN settings for MMS ?

Edit : does someone know if there is any 4.1.Xi firmware ? It would be awesome to have this for me

Hi,

Thanks for your tips but problems are still present :

1. How did you remove the Meizu SMS App ?

2. I’ve installed Floating Soft Keys, but the settings icon never open settings screen in Textra (or other app) with a short press. It only open the multi-tasks, with a long press.

3. Yes my APN is correctly defined : I can send short size MMS but not big image. I think that’s because Textra or Flyme doesn’t compress photos before sending MMS.

You need root privileges for your first and second problem.

1. With a Super File manager, I personnaly use ES File manager and ES Task manager. I chose to delete many stock apps but some file managers allows you to just freeze it. I m not sure what differences it will make. Though, apps whom can freeze aren’t free such as Titanium. Up to you to find out what s the best solution for you.

2. FSK works fine as long as it got Root privileges, so try it out if this isn’t the case. Otherwise it means there is no accessible settings.
    And sometimes it could be an incompatibility between the app and Flyme. I m currently trying to access settings in ‘LoL Live Wallpapers’ but the app keeps crashing when I do. I spoke to the support hoping they could fix it.

3. What do you mean by short and big size ? Numberly speaking if I may say.

How to enable auto-launch for handcent sms apk ???

i have MX4 with 4.2.8.2A firmware

@swiffe said:

@‘aokiseiichiro’ said:

Hello,

Regards

Hi, I ll try to give you some tips. I m using Handcent SMS but on 4.0.4.2i so I m kind of stuck with this ‘default sms app’ setting thing.

1. I had some random sms as well, also sometimes I received my sms twice, that was weird. But since I deleted the stock SMS app of Meizu, all of these disappeared.

2. I have some problem as well to access settings for many apps. I m using “Floating Soft Keys”, thanks to a MeizuFan on this forum. You can access anywhere the “setting” button ;)

3. Do you have the correct APN settings for MMS ?

Edit : does someone know if there is any 4.1.Xi firmware ? It would be awesome to have this for me

i need to manually start handcent app each time i restart my PC.

i enable auto launch of handcent app but without result…

what to do?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.