Should I update? From 3.5.3

Hi guys, I have been reading about updating my international 3.5.3 as for so strange reason a new upgrade has not come out.
What is the best update for me?
Must have Inglis?
China/or HK? Is there a difference?
What’s this about the Google stor not working?

Please help
Thanks
Yoni

Contributor

Latest stable is Flyme 4.1.3.5… Only A version has been released yet… You can install that… then uninstall the chinese apps it comes with and follow guide in “apps” subforum to install google playstore…
OR
You can wait for release of International version…

(Note: backup all data including Internal storage data as everything will be wiped clean during update)

If you are not into Flyme 4 then you can update to the lastest Flyme 3 stable which you can find in the respective firmware thread here…

Thanks 4 your help
What would you suggest I do, and remember I don’t know much about phone firmware. Why don’t they update international?

Administrator

You might have a locked device.

I recommend to upgrade on 3.7.3 first and then to 4.1.3.5A.

Any way you could help me with it? I’m a bit “slow”, when it comes to phones

Contributor

@bliss30,
The international firmware has a few differences from the chinese like inbuilt google apps… So they release it a few days later… I’d guess it should be out soon… If you don’t mind waiting a week then I’d suggest you wait for the international version…

But changing to chinese version is pretty easy (don’t worry, you get pretty much everything from the international version in the chinese version) … If you want to do that then let me know and i will post steps…

THANKS A LOT, I’LL WAIT TILL END OF THE MONTH AND IF STILL THERE IS NO UPDATE I’LL TRY AND GET IN TOUCH.WITB YOU. By the way what firmware are you on.

Contributor

@bliss30,
4.1.3.5A (the latest stable that they released on Tuesday…)

As and when the international version is released @AOKP will likely upload it to the firmware thread…

Waiting as patiently as I can. Thanks

Contributor

@‘bliss30’ said:

Waiting as patiently as I can. Thanks

AOKP has mirrored the international (I) version of 4.1.3.5 stable frmware today… Check it out if you haven’t already upgraded :
http://meizufans.eu/forum/thread-flyme-os-4-1-3-5-official-mx3

NOTE: Upgrading from flyme 3 to 4 will mostly wipe your entire device… So backup your apps / data AS WELL AS sdcard/internal memory data…

Thanks, but how’s it done?

יונתן בליס

Contributor

Backup all your stuff including data on sdcard/internal memory… (flyme 3 to flyme 4 the device will be wiped “completely” clean)
Download the .zip file and open it with the Documents app…

Wow great. Where u from?

יונתן בליס

Ok grey’ did it and it looks great other than:
1- Weather in Chineese.
2- No Google stor.
3- Most important- i dont know how to log in to gmail acount and sync my contacts and callander.
Ect.

any chance for a bit more help?

Thanks

Administrator

To get Google and it’s services back, simply use the Google Installer, which can be found here or in the AppCenter.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.