Contacts keep crashing

Hi fellow MeizuFans,

I just got my MX4 for a day and I have already noticed a lot of things that needs workaround to work/function properly like playstore etc. But what I would really like to have resolved is the crashing of the contacts whenever I try to search a name, access the settings and even sort the list of names I have. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

What version of flyme are you using?

Administrator

Hey. You should go for the test firmwares or at least make sure to have the latest stable build running.

If you use the search function you will be able to find the Google Installer (Version 1.4). Then everything will be all right.

I also have a question about contacts and phone numbers:
When a number calls me how can I store it to contacts? Is there an easy way?
I tried to find a way but I couldn’t… Only thing that I could is write down the number.
I use 4.0.4.1i firmware

@‘Miko’ said:

I also have a question about contacts and phone numbers:
When a number calls me how can I store it to contacts? Is there an easy way?
I tried to find a way but I couldn’t… Only thing that I could is write down the number.
I use 4.0.4.1i firmware

On the new beta version, tapping on the caller picture will give a option to add a new contact from the phone dialer.

I am using the 4.0.4I version. I have installed the google installer 1.4 recently but replaced it with 1.3.1 as I was having problem with the google playstore on the 1.4 version.

Administrator

@‘jr33413’ said:

I am using the 4.0.4I version. I have installed the google installer 1.4 recently but replaced it with 1.3.1 as I was having problem with the google playstore on the 1.4 version.

4.0.4.1I is the latest stable one:
http://meizufans.eu/forum/thread-flyme-os-4-0-4-1-stable

Does the latest stable version solves the crashing problems on the contacts. sorry for the hesitation of updating, i haven’t done it before.

@‘jr33413’ said:

Does the latest stable version solves the crashing problems on the contacts. sorry for the hesitation of updating, i haven’t done it before.

Iv never had problems with contacts crashing or force closing.
I was using that 4.0.4.1I version yesterday without issues.
You could always clear data from the contacts app from settings and re-sync your contacts from Google. If you haven’t already, make sure to back your contacts up first.

I tried clearing the data to no avail. it still crashes everytime I try to enter the settings of the contacts…

@‘jr33413’ said:

I tried clearing the data to no avail. it still crashes everytime I try to enter the settings of the contacts…

I meant from here (if you didn’t already)
'clear data ’ from anything that relates to phone/contacts.

Also I remember somewhere while I was using the nexus 4 that someone had a problem with miui, because the contact names had unusual characters, which was resulting the contact application crashing. Not sure if that applies here. But thought I’d mention it.

Nah, my contacts are the usual simple names with no special characters. I also noticed that when someone sends me an sms or calls me, the number has the international prefix (ie +63 for Philippines), the phone don’t recognize the number and does not display the name of the contact even if it is already saved in my contact list without the prefix. Other phones recognized such difference and displays the name accordingly. Any solution for this aside from putting the prefix in all my contacts? Thanks again!

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.